Monday, July 18, 2011

Zuo Qi Bo’s statement on remake of JaeJoong’s Wasurenaide


On June 16th it was announced that JYJ’s participation in the KBS special event for ‘N7W‘ was cancelled. As if that wasn’t enough, on the same day a song from an album for Cpop artist Zuo Qi Bo’s got leaked.
Before the supposed album release on July 18, fans realised the song “Redundant” is a remake of “Wasurenaide,” a song composed by JaeJoong during his activities with THSK.

Well fans were fast to retaliate. Although copyright issues in regards to the song have not been announced to have occurred between the members and the company, Zuo Qi Bo wrote the following message on his personal weibo to address the fans and explain what is going on:

“Notification Regarding ‘Redundant’
Hi everyone, I am Zuo Qi Bo. Please give me some time to clarify this whole matter.
Regarding the leaking of the song ‘Redundant’ on internet and the causing of TVXQ’s fans unhappiness over the remake of the Japanese song ‘Wasurenaide’ written and composed by Korean singer Kim Jaejoong, I would like to deeply apologise.
I do know that this song carries a lot of your stories and memories and believed that I will join in your big united loving family, because I am the same as you all, liking Kim Jaejoong, liking his talent and vocal. Kim Jaejoong is also my idol and role model at the same time. Therefore we will cautiously settle the problems for this song ‘Redundant’, and we will eagerly try to reach an angreement with Kim Jaejoong himself. Cassiopeia, please be at ease! This song release will currently be freezed and would not be released or sang until an agreement is reached.

Additionally, with regards to ‘Redundant’.
Composed by: Kim Jaejoong
Remake Lyrics by: Zuo Qi Bo/Wei Su
OT: Wasureinaide
 

This incident is what I did not predicted to be and lack of consideration for the feelings of TVXQ’s fans. I would like to apologise again!!! Hopefully I can receive forgiveness!!!
On the other hand, this incident has nothing to do with Tian Yu Media, Avex Music (Avex China) and SM Entertainment, it is not a resale of Jaejoong’s song by Avex, as said by everyone.
Hoped that everyone can understand. Please don’t blame the unrelated company, you can blame me for everything. Because I chose to sing this song and thus I should be the one to bear the responsibility.
We will assure the composer’s rights and cherish the copyrights!
I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused and troubles! I lacked the consideration when doing things! Sorry!
Thank you! Hopefully everyone can give me a chance! Please don’t pursue this matter again!”

With all of this going on, fans were pushed to try and buy the song. Now, it’s unclear how this is going to end or if it will affect this new artists debut in China, since it’s known that there are many passionate Cassiopeias there, but hopefully things don’t get out of hand.
Here’s a clip comparing the Chinese version to the original Japanese version by JaeJoong:

No comments:

Post a Comment